Monday, December 13, 2004

You, Of Course, Are a Dope

I have the advantage of having a job where I get to spend a fair amount of time in an office, with an Internet connection at the ready. Given my short attention span, that means that whenever I get bored, I can pop onto my favorite websites and read.

As you'll find, I'm far better informed than you are. (But that's not what makes you a dope.) I get all this information -- what many of my business compatriots call "useless facts" -- from the likes of the sites I have links to over to the right of this post.

National Review Online is always my first stop in the morning after I've quickly checked the news. Their contributors are brilliant, so their blog ("The Corner") is excellent, and their articles always magnificent. (My first click there, if there's a new installment, is Jay Nordlinger's "Impromptus.") Victor David Hanson is always a top choice as well -- even meriting a link to his own website! These guys will truly make you feel intellectually inferior. But hey, you are, so what's the worry?

Steve Vinoski is my sole non-political link thus far. He's a super-geek whose output is usually gibberish to mere mortals, but who also peppers his stuff with cool music and techie toy commentary.

So yes, you are a dope. But check these folks, and my other links out, and maybe you'll pick something up to make you less of one.