Monday, March 14, 2005

Idiot Watch

One of my greatest misgivings about having a child is the constant parade of complete morons I'll now have to have contact with. It started with some of the nurses I wrote about a couple posts back, and will continue through teachers, coaches, and so on for rest of my life.

But of course, the motherlode of idiots will be fellow parents, as evidenced by this article about "parenting coaches." This beggars belief. Here's one gem of a passage (but just one among many, sadly):
Another time, when their daughter resisted going to diving team practice, Ms. Vandon said: "I was so torn, I didn't know what to do. I called Jennifer and she was like 'bam.' In 10 seconds she had the right answer. My daughter had to go."

Do you suppose "Ms. Vandon" also calls Jennifer to see whether she should wipe her ass or not? Holy crap, I hate people.